Lvov Affair : Recorded Lviv 2019
£10 + post.
1. Makedonsko Devojce + Geamparale. A couple of tunes in 7/8,the first means Macedonian Girl, the second is from Romania.
2. Csak Egy Kislany. Hungarian song - You’re the only one in the world for me.
3. Bukhovinian Jig + Arcanul. A couple of 6/8 tunes from Romania
4. Belf 27 + Belf 11. From recordings of klezmer music by Belf’s Romanian Orchestra - the earliest known from 1911.
5. Ajde Jano. A Serbian song. Come on, Jano, let’s sell the horse and dance.
6. Honga & Freilachs. A couple of klezmer tunes that always seem to hang out together.
7. Shostakovitch Waltz No2. Used in the Kubrik film ‘Eyes Wide Shut’
8. Erev Shel Shoshanim. An Israeli song - Evening of Roses, lets go out in the gardens, and breathe in the scent ‘til dawn
9. Lemberg Bulgar + Varshava Freilachs. A pair of klezmer tunes named after Lemberg (= Lvov) and Varshava (= Warsaw)
10. Amari Szi Amari. A Hungarian Gypsy song, sung in a Romany dialect.
11. Der Gasn Nigun + Heyser Bulgar. A pair of klezmer tunes as recorded by Harry Kandel and Naftule Brandwein USA 1923
12. Romanian Rhapsody. From the playing of Alicia Svigals
13. Oi Poslala Meni Mati. A Ukrainian song extolling the benefits of being attractive at harvest time.
14. Au Plecat Olteni la Coasa. A Romanian tune - The Oltenians went to mow, went to mow a meadow
15. Bei Mir Bist du Schon. A Yiddish song written for a New York play in 1932, once described as being “too Jewish”